Monday, June 14, 2010

Trip Overview

Just to give you a broad overview of the trip, here's a brief itinerary and description of what we will be doing.

Last night, I flew out from Seattle. I met up with another three members of the team, and we stayed overnight there. Now, we're waiting at the gate to fly to Tokyo on Korean Air. Though we "only" fly for eleven and a half hours, the time change means that we lose a day and will arrive tomorrow afternoon. Once we get through customs in Tokyo, we will be going to the ministry sites where we will be for the next two weeks.

While we're in Japan, these first two weeks will be spent working with the HiBA youth outreach ministry. As for what exactly I will be doing while working with them, I honestly don't know, yet. Flexibility is the name of the game in missions, so I guess I'll find out once I get there. About all I do know is that I will be on the support team, rather than the actual outreach gospel teams. The gospel teams will be handing out flyers and raising awareness about our rallies, as the Japanese youth are on their way to school in the mornings. The rallies will take place in the afternoon and will include singing, skits, and a message, among other things. Somewhere in that, I'll be doing "support" of some kind.

The third week we're in Japan will be spent doing a work project at a camp, visiting a few church plants, and doing some sightseeing. Apart from that, I'll find out what we're doing as we go along. It will certainly be an adventure, and I look forward to seeing how God works everything out!

As always, your prayers are greatly appreciated!

No comments: